A-Z Databases List by Title
- Canada in Context (Gale)
- Canadian Newsstand and Major Dailies (ProQuest)
- Canadian Reference Centre (EBSCO)
- Career Cruising
- CBCA Business (ProQuest)
- CBCA Reference & Current Events (ProQuest)
- Chilton Auto Repair (Gale)
- CINAHL (EBSCO)
- Communications & Mass Media Collection (InfoTrac)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- CPI (Gale)
- Criminal Justice Collection (InfoTrac)
- Culinary Arts Collection (InfoTrac)
- Fine Arts & Music Collection (InfoTrac)
- Food Science Source (EBSCO)
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EBSCO)
- Gardening, Landscape & Horiculture Collection (Gale)
- Gender Studies Collection (Gale)
- General Business File (Gale)
- General Reference Center Gold (Gale)
- General Science Collection (Gale)
- GREENR (Gale)
- Health Source - Consumer Edition (EBSCO)
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EBSCO)
- Health & Wellness Resource Center including Alt Health (Gale)
- Home Improvement Collection (InfoTrac)
- Humanities International Index (EBSCO)
- Information Science & Library Issues Collection (InfoTrac)
- Insurance & Liability Collection (InfoTrac)
- Regional Business News (EBSCO)
- Religion & Philosophy Collection (InfoTrac)
- Research Monitor
- Science Journal (ProQuest)
- Small Business Collection (InfoTrac)
- SocINDEX with Full Text (EBSCO)
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text (EBSCO)
- The Serials Directory (EBSCO)
- Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure Collection (InfoTrac)
Off Campus Access
To access SLC library databases off campus: • Select the "Click here for access if you are off campus" for the specific database you wish to access. • Once clicked on, you will be required to log in. • Use your student number as the user ID and the last four digits of your student number as the password.
• If you have not signed anything out from the library this term then your account may be inactive – call, email or visit your campus library.
• If you owe fines or have overdue material then your account may be blocked – please return your overdue items or pay off any outstanding fines.
• Faculty, staff, and some part-time students may not automatically have been assigned a library account – please visit your campus library with photo id and your student or staff number and we’ll get you registered.
An interface that provides alphabetical access by title to our online, full-text journals.
Click here to access Alternative Off Campus Access (Do not use if you are accessing this page via SLC.me)
Contains "Do-It-Yourself" car repair manuals.
Articles from thousands of journals, includes databases such as: Academic Search, Business Source, Canadian Reference Centre, CINAHL, Health Source, Professional Development, PSYCInfo, Medline, SocIndex and more.
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., provides an online reference collection with current information, recommended Web sites, atlases, biographies, news, and more.
Gale platform offers comprehensive access to authoritative reference, periodical and primary source information.
Online music from databases such as, The Oxford Dictionary of Music, Grove Music Online, The Oxford companion to Music as well as partnerships with RILM providers, DRAM and Classical Music.
Brown & Beatty Canadian Labour Arbitration, Canadian Labour Law, LAC, CLAS and more.
LexisNexis Academic database provides information on legal, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and risk management fields. Click here to access Alternative Off Campus Access (Do not use if you are accessing this page via SLC.me)
Access to music and biographical information of legendary jazz artists and composers.
Naxos Music Library [NML] offers streaming access to more than 73,620 CDs and over 1,058,900 tracks of standard and rare repertoire.
Research Monitor offers an introduction to Euromonitor International's industry and country research with reports for 80 countries and daily articles and opinions from industry and country experts. Coverage is global with an equal depth of research for every country.
OVID is available to the Laurentian-SLC community via Laurentian. Use your LU Proxy Account to log in to Ovid Nursing Journals
Click here to access Laurentian Login
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words— past and present—from across the English-speaking world.
Databases include: Canadian Business and Current Affairs, Applied Science and Technology Journals, Nursing and Allied Health Source, Joanna Briggs and Canadian Newsstand, which and the Globe and Mail. Click here to access Alternative Off Campus Access (Do not use if you are accessing this page via SLC.me)