A-Z Databases List by Title
- Canada in Context (Gale)
- Canadian Newsstand and Major Dailies (ProQuest)
- Canadian Periodical Index (Gale)
- Canadian Reference Centre (EBSCO)
- CARD - Canadian Advertising Rates & Data
- CBCA - Canadian Business & Current Affairs (ProQuest)
- Chilton Auto Repair (Gale)
- CINAHL with Full Text - Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature (EBSCO)
- Communications & Mass Media Collection (InfoTrac)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- Criminal Justice Collection (Gale)
- Culinary Arts Collection (Gale)
- Diversity Studies Collection (Gale)
- Educators eCollection (Gale)
- Educator's Reference Complete (Gale)
- E-Journals (EBSCO)
- Energy & Power Source (EBSCO)
- Environment Complete (EBSCO)
- Environmental Issues & Policy Collection (Gale)
- ERIC - Education Resources Information Center (EBSCO)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Fine Arts & Music Collection (Gale)
- Food Science Source (EBSCO)
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia (EBSCO)
- Gardening, Landscape & Horiculture Collection (Gale)
- Gender Studies Collection (Gale)
- General Reference Center Gold (Gale)
- General Science Collection (Gale)
- GREENR (Gale)
- Grove Music Online
- Health Source - Consumer Edition (EBSCO)
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (EBSCO)
- Health & Wellness Resource Center including Alt Health (Gale)
- Home Improvement Collection (Gale)
- Humanities International Index (EBSCO)
- Information Science & Library Issues Collection (Gale)
- Insurance & Liability Collection (Gale)
- Naxos Jazz
- Naxos Music Library
- Newsstand (Gale)
- Nursing & Allied Health Source (ProQuest)
- Passport (Euromonitor)
- Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Collection (Gale)
- Pop Culture Collection (Gale)
- Primary Search (EBSCO)
- PsycARTICLES (EBSCO)
- PsycBOOKS (EBSCO)
- Psychology Collection (Gale)
- PsycINFO (EBSCO)
Notice of Technical Issues
PLEASE NOTE: the databases are currently not working when accessed through SLC.me. Please go directly to our library website http://stlawrencecollege.libguides.com to access databases.
Off Campus Access
To access SLC library databases off campus:
- If accessing through the SLC.ME portal just click on the title to access resources directly.
- If coming directly to the library website select the "Alternative Off Campus Access" for the platform you wish to access.
- You will then be required to log in. Your student number is the login, the last four digits of your student number are the PIN.
Please note, if you are experiencing login difficulties it could be due to:
• If you have not signed anything out from the library this term then your account may be inactive – contact your campus library.
• If you owe fines or have overdue material then your account may be blocked – please return your overdue items or pay off any outstanding fines.
• Faculty, staff, and some part-time students may not automatically have been assigned a library account – please visit your campus library with photo id and your student or staff number to register.
An interface that provides alphabetical access by title to our online, full-text journals.
Click here to access Alternative Off Campus Access (Do not use if you are accessing this page via SLC.me)
Contains "Do-It-Yourself" car repair manuals.
Articles from thousands of journals, includes databases such as: Academic Search, Business Source, Canadian Reference Centre, CINAHL, Health Source, Medline, Professional Development, PSYCInfo, SocIndex and more.
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., provides an online reference collection with current information, recommended Web sites, atlases, biographies, news, and more.
Gale platform offers comprehensive access to authoritative reference, periodical and primary source information.
Online music from databases such as, The Oxford Dictionary of Music, Grove Music Online, The Oxford Companion to Music as well as partnerships with RILM providers, DRAM and Classical Music.
Brown & Beatty Canadian Labour Arbitration, Canadian Labour Law, LAC, CLAS and more.
LexisNexis Academic database provides information on legal, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and risk management fields. Click here to access Alternative Off Campus Access (Do not use if you are accessing this page via SLC.me)
Access to music and biographical information of legendary jazz artists and composers.
Naxos Music Library [NML] offers streaming access to more than 73,620 CDs and over 1,058,900 tracks of standard and rare repertoire.
OVID is available to the Laurentian-SLC community via Laurentian. Use your LU Proxy Account to log in to Ovid Nursing Journals
Click here to access Laurentian Login
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words— past and present—from across the English-speaking world.
Passport is an international market research database providing statistics, analysis, reports, surveys and breaking news on industries, countries and consumers worldwide.
Databases include: Canadian Business and Current Affairs, Nursing and Allied Health Source, and Canadian Newsstand, which includes the Globe and Mail. Click here to access Alternative Off Campus Access (Do not use if you are accessing this page via SLC.me)
Elsevier’s ScienceDirect is a database of peer-reviewed science, technology and health information. Our collection includes Health & Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Social & Behavioural Sciences